A PRIVATE TOUR IS THE BEST!
Whether in the city or in the countryside, a private tour offers you a different perspective... MORE
The Charm of Andes!!!
On this tour you combine two major attractions in the center of the country: The Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá, the most visited tourist space Colombia and Villa de Leyva, world heritage by UNESCO.
The Zipaquirá Salt Cathedral is an amazing space of tunnels dug into the bowels of the mountain of salt, in which have been built an impressive cathedral!! In the vast tunnels have been carved spaces of extraordinary dimensions that house the areas that make up the Cathedral: The Way of the Cross, with its 14 stations that artistically represent the steps of Jesus on his way to crucifixion. The dome, which is the connection point, with an extraordinary message. Choir, overlooking the central nave of the Cathedral, 18 meters high. Narthex mazes, a space of purification. The Chapel of Our Lady of the Rosary of Guasá, the three stages of the cathedral in their inconceivable spaces and a shopping area where you can buy handicrafts and souvenirs. It is a visit you can not miss!!
- Lunch in a typical restaurant
- Departure to Villa de Leyva, arriving at sunset.
- Villa de Leyva, with its colonial architecture. It highlights the main square, the cobbled streets and flowered balconies, with extraordinary charm. Especially recommended is to assist the traditional market, held on Saturdays. Many typical craft shops and excellent restaurants complete the picture of this fascinating corner of Colombia.
- Ráquira, craft center: The road between Villa de Leyva and Ráquira is very interesting as it runs through a desert area of incomparable beauty, natural environment, which allows us to appreciate the everyday life of the peasants in their daily grazing and agriculture work in small rural communities. Small towns like Sáchica, Sutamarchán and Tinjacá, typical examples of Colombian Andean peoples. The visit to Ráquira is especially enjoyable. Gray town, known throughout Colombia for its handicrafts in ceramics, which retain the primitive techniques and design since pre-Columbian times. On Sunday the traditional local market, one of the most authentic events in Colombia, where you can feel the real atmosphere of the South American Andes. Ráquira has been awarded as "The most beautiful village in Boyacá" due to the original colorful houses and decorating their main park with handmade ceramics. Later, we visit the Monastery of the Candelaria located 15 kilometers from Ráquira.
- Candelaria Monastery, Built in the 16th century, 15 kilometers from Ráquira.
- Tour of the wines, to appreciate the cultivation of the grape and the production of the local wine, which includes a tasting.
- The Fossil of a chrono-saurium of 120 million years, found in the region.
- The Little Hell, a series of megaliths, columns and enigmatic structures of the pre-Columbian era.
In the morning, we can choose between the attractions offered around the Villa:
- Blue Pools, a set of small lakes in the desert.
- La Periquera, a set of waterfalls of great beauty.
- Return to Bogotá
Saturday, Market in Villa De Leyva
Sunday, Market in Ráquira.
HOURS TO START:
- Salt Cathedral Tickets
- Entrances to the Candelaria monastery,
- Blue Wells,
- The Fossil,
- The Periquera,
- Tour of the wines,
- The Little Hell,
- Daily lunch in a typical restaurant
- Daily coffee break,
- Door to door transportation by private car
- Professional English-Spanish guide.
- ** Free: Colombian Music Album **
IT DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Other expenses not specified.
|TOTAL PAYMENT US $
|(*) DISCOUNT PAYMENT US $
CHOOSE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD
- DEBIT / CREDIT / PAYPAL CARD: Use the BOOK NOW button to make your total payment online, safely and immediately.
- (*) BOOK 10% DISCOUNT. Reserve with 10% securely and immediately using the BOOK NOW button and get a 10% discount on your trip, paying the balance at the beginning of your tour cash, US $ or COL $.
- Subject to disponibility.
- To get a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the start of the experience.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Informal attire
- It is advisable to bring a warm jacket
- A moderate amount of walking is required
- Due to uneven surfaces, this route is not recommended for people with walking disabilities or who use a wheelchair.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. The schedule of the visit could be adjusted to the weather conditions.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
We are happy to serve you HERE!