A PRIVATE TOUR IS THE BEST!
Whether in the city or in the countryside, a private tour offers you a different perspective... MORE
It would be very difficult to focus on the attractions of this trip at specific points.
Villa de Leyva and Ráquira are the destinations.
THE ATTRACTIVE IS EVERYTHING!
The experience of the route, the landscape, the countryside, the mountains, the people, the architecture, the markets, the traditions, the folklore, the regional music, ... THE NATION!
THE ATTRACTIVE ARE THE ANDES!
Why the Andes?
INFLUENCE OF SPANISH COLONIZATION IN LATIN AMERICA
If we could draw an imaginary line across the Andes at 2400 meters above sea level, we would discover... MORE
CONTENT OF THE TOUR
DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTENT
- The journey Depending on the day of the week, the state of the roads and even the weather, the route may change. Basically, we have two routes. If possible, we go on one route and return on the other.
- Bogotá, Chiquinquirá, Ráquira, Villa de Leyva, Samacá, Boyacá Bridge, Bogotá. If we use this route, we make a stop at the Boyacá Bridge, place where the Battle of Boyacá happened, which determined the independence of Colombia on August 7, 1819. Explanation.
- Bogotá, Boyacá Bridge, Samacá, Villa de Leyva, Ráquira, Chiquinquirá Bogotá. If we use this route, we stop at the Basilica of Our Lady of Chiquinquirá, Santa Patron of Colombia.
- Coffee Break Two hours away, we make a break for a cup of coffee.
- Villa de Leyva white village founded by the Spaniard Andrés Díaz Venero de Leyva in 1572, declared a national monument in 1954, and a Universal Heritage of Humanity according to UNESCO. The church of Nuestra Señora del Rosario dominates the Main Plaza of the Villa, the largest in Colombia, is framed by the impressive mountains that support it. The whole town preserves the charm of its cobblestone streets, its white houses with balconies dotted with multicolored flowers, with spacious interior patios and water fountains that refresh the atmosphere with its eternal music. DO NOT MISS THE TRADITIONAL MARKET VERY COLORFUL AND VERY ANDEAN, WHICH IS CELEBRATED THE SATURDAYS, and which the peasants of the region attend to offer their products. Many typical craft shops and excellent restaurants complete the panorama of this fascinating corner of Colombia.
- The road between Villa de Leyva and Ráquira is very interesting, as it crosses a desert sector of incomparable beauty, natural environment, which allows appreciating the daily life of the farmers in their daily work of grazing and agriculture in small rural communities. The populations of Sáchica, Sutamarchán, and Tinjacá are visited, typical examples of the Colombian Andean peoples.
- Lunch included in a typical restaurant of the region
- Ráquira Artesanal Capital of Colombia. Gray town, known throughout Colombia for its ceramic crafts, which preserve the primitive techniques and design since pre-Columbian times. On Sunday the traditional local market is celebrated, one of the most authentic events in Colombia, where you can feel the real atmosphere of the South American Andes. Ráquira has been awarded as "The Most Beautiful Village of Boyacá", due to the original color of its houses and the decoration of its main park with handcrafted ceramics. DO NOT MISS THE TRADITIONAL MARKET THAT IS CELEBRATED ON SUNDAYS, and that the peasants of the region attend to offer their products.
- Coffee Break
- Lunch in a typical restaurant
- Water bottle
- Exclusive transportation by private car
- English-Spanish professional tourism guide
- ** Free: Colombian Music Album **
IT DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Other expenses not specified
|TOTAL PAYMENT US $
|(*) DISCOUNT PAYMENT US $
CHOOSE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD
- DEBIT / CREDIT / PAYPAL CARD: Use the BOOK NOW button to make your total payment online, safely and immediately.
- (*) BOOK 10% DISCOUNT. Reserve with 10% securely and immediately using the BOOK NOW button and get a 10% discount on your trip, paying the balance at the beginning of your tour cash, US $ or COL $.
- Subject to disponibility.
To get a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the start of the experience.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Informal attire
- It is advisable to bring a warm jacket
- A moderate amount of walking is required
- Due to uneven surfaces, this route is not recommended for people with walking disabilities or who use a wheelchair.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. The schedule of the visit could be adjusted to the weather conditions.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
We are happy to serve you HERE!