We have received your inquiry and our staff will shortly be in contact with you.
You will recieve a notification to your email address.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
From USD 651
Whether in the city or in the countryside, a private tour offers you a different perspective... MORE
If you have two days, this is the most spectacular tour of the Colombian Andean region. It would be very difficult to focus on the attractions of this trip at specific points.
Salt Cathedral, Villa de Leyva and Ráquira are the destinations.
The experience of the route, the landscape, the countryside, the mountains, the people, the architecture, the markets, the traditions, the folklore, the regional music ...
Why the Andes?
If an imaginary line were drawn ... Follow
• The Journey
• Salt Cathedral of Zipaquira
• Lunch included
• Bridge of Boyaca
• Villa de Leyva
• Registration at the hotel
• Villa, Walking Tour
• Wine Tour
• Camino Viñedo - Ráquira
• Lunch included
• Return and Coffee Break
• The journey: We travel the Sabana de Bogotá to Zipaquirá, 50 Kilometers distance.
• Salt Cathedral. In Zipaquirá, 50 kilometers north of Bogotá, the largest salt mine in Colombia is located. Although the mines date back to the period of the Muiscas, primitive inhabitants of the region and have been intensively exploited, they continue to have enormous reserves; It is virtually a mountain of salt rock. In the heart of the mountain, an underground salt cathedral was dug, in what is constituted as a monumental work of engineering, architecture, and design. The huge interior can be 25 meters high, with a capacity of 10,000 people. It is the most visited tourist attraction in Colombia.
• Lunch included in a typical restaurant
• Boyacá Bridge, place where the Battle of Boyacá happened, which determined the independence of Colombia on August 7, 1819. Explanation. Departure to Villa de Leyva via Samacá.
• Villa de Leyva, a white village founded by the Spaniard Andrés Díaz Venero de Leyva in 1572, declared a national monument in 1954, and a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The church of Nuestra Señora del Rosario dominates the Main Plaza of the Villa, the largest in Colombia, is framed by the impressive mountains that support it. The whole town preserves the charm of its cobblestone streets, its white houses with balconies dotted with multicolored flowers, with spacious interior patios and water fountains that refresh the atmosphere with its eternal music. DO NOT MISS THE TRADITIONAL MARKET VERY COLORFUL AND VERY ANDEAN, WHICH IS CELEBRATED THE SATURDAYS, and which the peasants of the region attend to offer their products. Many typical craft shops and excellent restaurants complete the panorama of this fascinating corner of Colombia.
• Registration at the hotel.
•Villa de Leyva on foot.
• Wine Tour. Visit a vineyard in the region, explanation of the process of cultivation, production and wine tasting.
• Road Wine - Ráquira The road between Villa de Leyva and Ráquira is very interesting, as it runs through a desert sector of incomparable beauty, natural environment, which allows appreciating the daily life of the farmers in their daily work of grazing and agriculture in small rural communities.
• Ráquira Artesanal Capital of Colombia. Gray town, known throughout Colombia for its ceramic crafts, which preserve the primitive techniques and design since pre-Columbian times. On Sunday the traditional local market is celebrated, one of the most authentic events in Colombia, where you can feel the real atmosphere of the South American Andes. Ráquira has been awarded as "The Most Beautiful Village of Boyacá", due to the original color of its houses and the decoration of its main park with handcrafted ceramics. DO NOT MISS THE TRADITIONAL MARKET THAT IS CELEBRATED ON SUNDAYS, and that the peasants of the region attend to offer their products.
• Lunch Included in typical restaurant
• Return and Coffee Break towards the middle of the road.
• Saturday: Market in Villa de Leyva
• Sunday: Market in Ráquira
• Subject to availability.
• Hotel in Villa de Leyva1 night
• Lunch 2 days
• Tickets to the Salt Cathedral
• Wine Tour Tickets
• Daily Coffee Break
• Daily water bottle per person
• Exclusive transportation by private car
• English-Spanish professional tourism guide
• Other expenses not specified
TOTAL PAYMENT US $
(*) DISCOUNT PAYMENT US $
DEBIT / CREDIT / PAYPAL CARD: Use the BOOK NOW button to make your total payment online, safely and immediately.
(*) BOOK 10% DISCOUNT. Reserve with 10% securely and immediately using the BOOK NOW button and get a 10% discount on your trip, paying the balance at the beginning of your tour cash, US $ or COL $.
Subject to disponibility.
To get a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the start of the experience.
Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
It is advisable to bring a warm jacket
A moderate amount of walking is required
Due to uneven surfaces, this route is not recommended for people with walking disabilities or who use a wheelchair.
Subject to favorable weather conditions. The schedule of the visit could be adjusted to the weather conditions.
Children must be accompanied by an adult
We are happy to serve you HERE!
INFLUENCE OF COLONIZATION IN THE SOUTH AMERICAN ANDES
If we could draw an imaginary line across the Andes at 2400 meters above sea level, we would discover... MORE