A PRIVATE TOUR IS THE BEST!
Whether in the city or in the countryside, a private tour offers you a different perspective... MORE
The lagoon of the chief Guatavita was the sacred ritual center of the Muisca Indians, who inhabited the region before the arrival of the Spaniards. In that place the ritual was celebrated that gave beginning to the legend of Eldorado, according to which, the shaman, covered with dust of gold, deposited precious offerings of gold and emeralds in the depths of the lake from a ceremonial raft, soon to submerge in the sacred waters and thus obtain the favors of the gods.
CONTENT OF THE TOUR
- The Journey
- The town of Guatavita
- The Laguna de Guatavita Park
- The Ascent
- The Sacred Lagoon
- Lunch included
- The return
DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTENT
- The Journey. The Guatavita lagoon is located 68 kilometers north of Bogotá. The road is a mountain, very picturesque. The journey takes approximately one and a half hours.
- The town of Guatavita was founded in 1593 by the Spanish oidor Miguel de Ibarra, although it is worth mentioning that there was an indigenous population on this site for centuries. At the end of the 1960s, the initial village was flooded to build the Tominé reservoir. The government of the time built a new town for its inhabitants, Guatavita la Nueva, in a higher area. The town is a very interesting mix due to the combination of styles between colonial and modern and is very visited by tourism.
- The Laguna de Guatavita Park is reached by a narrow road, about 15 kilometers from the lagoon. From there, the journey is covered by walking.
- The Ascent. To reach the sacred lake of the Indians, it is necessary to walk on foot on a mountain path that is mostly cobbled, about 5 km of strong ascent in some sections, reaching up to 3000 meters above sea level. Spectacular view!
- The Sacred Lagoon is a magical place that emanates a powerful energy from its emerald green waters, product of the rituals that were held there for thousands of years when the shamans deposited gold figures to their gods, as an offering. Many stories, legends and traditions!
- Lunch Included in a typical local restaurant.
TO KEEP IN MIND
- Closed on Mondays
- Taking into account the height and protection of the health of tourists, in all cases visitors must be accompanied by a guide from the CAR, the entity that manages the park. This situation can cause delays and other inconveniences in the service.
- Subject to availability.
HOURS TO START:
- Coffee break
- Park Laguna de Guatavita fee
- Lunch in a typical restaurant
- Water bottle
- Exclusive transportation by private car
- Professional tour guide English / Spanish
- ** Free: Colombian Music Album **
IT DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Other expenses not specified
|TOTAL PAYMENT US $
CHOOSE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD
- DEBIT / CREDIT / PAYPAL CARD: Use the BOOK NOW!! button to make your total payment online, safely and immediately
- Subject to disponibility
To get a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the start of the experience.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Informal attire
- It is advisable to bring a warm jacket
- A moderate amount of walking is required
- Due to uneven surfaces, this route is not recommended for people with walking disabilities or who use a wheelchair.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. The schedule of the visit could be adjusted to the weather conditions.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
We are happy to serve you HERE!