A PRIVATE TOUR IS THE BEST!
Whether in the city or the countryside, a private tour offers you a different perspective... MORE
The lagoon of the chief Guatavita was the sacred ritual center of the Muisca Indians, who inhabited the region before the arrival of the Spaniards. In that place the ritual was celebrated that gave beginning to the legend of Eldorado, according to which, the shaman, covered with dust of gold, deposited precious offerings of gold and emeralds in the depths of the lake from a ceremonial raft, soon to submerge in the sacred waters and thus obtain the favors of the gods.
CONTENT OF THE TOUR
- The Journey
- The town of Guatavita
- The Laguna de Guatavita Park
- The Ascent
- The Sacred Lagoon
- Lunch included
- The return
DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTENT
- The Journey. The Guatavita lagoon is located 68 kilometers north of Bogotá. The road is a mountain, very picturesque. The journey takes approximately one and a half hours.
- The town of Guatavita was founded in 1593 by the Spanish Miguel de Ibarra, although it is worth mentioning that there was an indigenous population on this site for centuries. At the end of the 1960s, the initial village was flooded to build the Tominé reservoir. The government of the time built a new town for its inhabitants, Guatavita la Nueva, in a higher area. The town is a very interesting mix due to the combination of styles between colonial and modern and is very visited by tourism.
- The Laguna de Guatavita Park is reached by a narrow road, about 15 kilometers from the lagoon. From there, the journey is covered by walking.
- The Ascent. To reach the sacred lake of the Indians, it is necessary to walk on foot on a mountain path that is mostly cobbled, about 5 km of strong ascent in some sections, reaching up to 3000 meters above sea level. Spectacular view!
- The Sacred Lagoon is a magical place that emanates powerful energy from its emerald green waters, the product of the rituals that were held there for thousands of years when the shamans deposited gold figures to their gods, as an offering. Many stories, legends, and traditions!
- Lunch Included in a typical local restaurant.
TO KEEP IN MIND
- Closed on Mondays
- Taking into account the protection of the health of our visitors due to the height (10,000 feet above sea level), all our visitors must join the group led by the guide of the CAR (the entity that manages the park). From Tuesday to Friday the guide of the CAR makes the tour in English at 10.30 and 12.30. On Saturdays and Sundays, there is no guide in English, so we must follow the guide in Spanish and translate behind the group. This situation may cause delays in the service, especially on Saturdays and Sundays.
HOURS TO START:
- Coffee break
- Park Laguna de Guatavita fee
- Lunch in a typical restaurant
- Water bottle
- Exclusive transportation by private car
- Professional tour guide English / Spanish
- ** Free: Colombian Music Album **
IT DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Other expenses not specified
|TOTAL PAYMENT US $
CHOOSE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD
DEBIT / CREDIT CARD / PAYPAL:
Use this button
To choose the date and time of your tour, pay safely online,
And receive instant confirmation
DO YOU NEED HELP?
- Conditions and prices for groups?
- Does not find availability on the date required?
- A special schedule?
- Start or end of the tour at the airport?
- Do you want to visit a special place or a different plan?
- The service is provided from 1 to 4 people in private cars. Do you need a larger vehicle?
- Need more information?
AND WE WILL ANSWER BEFORE 24 HOURS.
- Total refund of the value paid if canceled before 24 hours of the start of the service.
- Within 24 hours before the tour, there is no refund.
- See Terms and Conditions here:
WE CAN HELP YOU HERE: